Congratulations on your pregnancy! We hope that this will be an exciting time for you. We look forward to working with you to provide the highest quality of medical care and a satisfying childbirth experience. We are a team of obstetricians who work together because we have very similar practice philosophies and we like to involve our patients and their partners in decision making regarding care.
Throughout your pregnancy, we do ask that you see all of our physicians. It is important for your physicians to know you and your preferences, and, perhaps more importantly, for you to be comfortable with all of us. We choose to do all of our deliveries and hospital care at Virginia Hospital Center.
We recommend our patients schedule their first their visit between 6th and 8th week of pregnancy. See our Obstetrical Calendar for more information.
Please be aware that certain services received throughout your pregnancy (see below) may not be covered by your health insurance plan. Different providers of service will file a claim for prescribed services (such as ultrasounds, lab work, special genetic testing, etc.) with your insurance company. However; if your insurance company fails to pay for the services, you may be held financially responsible. Keep in mind that many of these tests are not medically necessary but optional. You will be discussing some/all of the tests with your provider.
We look forward to sharing with you such an exciting experience!
THE FOLLOWING TESTS MAY NOT BE COVERED BY YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY (PLEASE CLICK ON ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LINKS REGARDING THESE TESTS):
- Prenatal Genetic Screening Tests
- Prenatal Genetic Testing Chart
- Cell Free DNA/Nuchal Translucency/AFP (maternal serum): this testing is OPTIONAL and not medically necessary. Some insurance companies do not pay for it regardless of age or medical condition.
- Obstetrical Ultrasounds: some insurance companies will only cover one ultrasound during your pregnancy. Other ultrasounds may not be covered regardless of the medical condition.
- Blood Work/Quad Screen Panel: (Inhibin A, AFP, HCG, Estriol)
- Blood Work/Sequential Screen: (fetal nuchal translucency measurement, PAPP-A, HCG, Inhibin A, AFP, Estriol)
- Blood work/ Ashkenazi Jewish Panel (for you or the father of the baby)
- Blood work Cystic Fibrosis Carrier Testing
Services and Procedures
- Pre and Post Natal Care
- Deliveries (Vaginal / Cesarean)
- High Risk Pregnancy Care
- Male Infant Circumcision