Healthcare For Women Patient Information
Welcome to our Practice!
Our trusted physicians and staff at Healthcare for Women strive to show compassion and care to our patients. We are continually making efforts to improve the patient’s experience and all our physicians welcome new patients! Review the Healthcare For Women Patient Information below, and let us know if your have any questions.
Healthcare For Women New Patient Information
Our offices are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Each providers’ hours vary from day to day. We ask you that you call in advance for an appointment, and we make a conscious effort to see patients on time. However, there are many occasions when emergencies and other patient care problems result in unavoidable delays. We appreciate your understanding when this happens.
Our Doctors maintain surgery and delivery at privileges at Virginia Hospital Center exclusively and they are able to communicate to patients in English, Spanish, and Korean.
To make an appointment visit our Appointments Page. Please note our policy on late and missed appointments, and be aware that as a new patient, we cannot give medical advice or refill prescriptions until you become an established patient. For any urgent matters, please call 911 or contact your previous physician.
Before Your Appointment
We ask our new patients to arrive 15 minutes earlier from their scheduled appointment to complete the new patient forms. However, once you are registered and scheduled an appointment, you should have received a link to complete forms. To expedite your check-in process, please complete these forms via the link or feel free to go to the “Forms and Downloads” page, print them and bring them with you to your appointment. Please have medical records and or notes from other physicians ready for the receptionist. Bring the following to your first appointment:
- Valid form of ID
- Most recent current insurance card
- Registration Forms
- Pharmacy information of your choice
Click the links below for information on each of the categories:
- List of Insurance Companies
- We accept most insurance companies and self-pay patients. Our office does not accept checks but we do accept cash, debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- We are no longer accepting United Healthcare as of 10/01/2020, to get more information click here.
- Forms and Downloads
- Our Office Locations
- List of Insurance Companies
CONDITIONS OF TREATMENT STATEMENT
Please read our conditions of treatment statement. We ask all our patients to follow these terms and conditions and understand that failure to comply may be grounds for dismissal from the practice.
- Disclose all pertinent information regarding health conditions, including any changes since the last visit, as well as all medications, including prescribed, over-the-counter, and homeopathic.
- Follow all provider recommendations, including specialty referrals, physical therapy, and other treatment modalities.
- Appear for all regularly scheduled appointments on time and notify the practice 24 hours prior to their appointment if they are unable to make it.
- Pay all co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurances.
- Maintain at all times proper decorum toward providers, staff, other patients, visitors, and vendors and expect the same from the family or caregivers who accompany them.
Please know your insurance plan! Your co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible is/are due at time of service. In order for our office to submit your claim to the insurance company, we require that you provide us with the most updated insurance card at all visits. Please be aware that insurance cards change every year. Before making an appointment, check with your insurance company to ensure that your doctor is in network with your plan.
We participate with the following insurance companies:
***NOTE: as of 10/01/2020, our practice is NOT IN-NETWORK WITH COMMERCIAL UNITEDHEALTHCARE/
- Aetna (most plans, for plans that we do not participate with see below)
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (most plans, for plans that we do not participate with see below)
- Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO AND HMO (Blue Choice)
- Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield-Federal Plan
- Coventry Healthcare
- Great West Healthcare
- Kaiser Permanente (only if allowed to go out of network-referrals are required)
- Medicare: if you have a secondary insurance, please make sure that you have taken care of the crossover between Medicare and your secondary insurance (Please call Medicare to take care of this).
- Multiplan PPO/PHCS
- One Health Plan
- One Net PPO/Coventry
- Principal Financial Group
- The Hartford
- Tricare (referral may be required)
We DO NOT PARTICIPATE with the following insurance companies:
- Aetna MEDICAID, Anthem MEDICAID, ANY MEDICAID
- *****United Healthcare ALL PLANS INCLUDING MEDICAID (as of 10/01/2020)
- Aetna Premier
- Affordable Care Act Innovation and Aetna QHP plans
- Discount Medical Insurance Plans and International Plans
Forms and Downloads
- Returning Patient Package
- New Patient Package
- Records Release Form
- Hipaa Notice
- Change of Information Form
NOTE: In order to fill in and save or print these forms on your smartphone or tablets, you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader app installed. Click here to download it.
Medical Records and Confidentiality
A federal law known as HIPAA protects patient privacy and prohibits us from disclosing or discussing personal information or treatment regarding a patient without the patient’s written authorization. Therefore, we must always speak with the patient regarding the care we provide, billing, medications, etc. unless there is a written authorization on file. This applies to children/adults/spouses/partners – no exceptions. Verbal authorizations are not acceptable.
Medical Records are property of the medical practice. Virginia State Law requires that requests for a copy of a patient medical record are made in writing. This request must be HIPAA compliant and must identify the patient including date of birth, current address, and signature. The request must also include where the records are to be sent with full name and complete address. Please allow 10 business days for medical records processing. A fee applies to the copying, mailing, and storing of medical records.
If you request medical records, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prescriptions & Orders
All prescriptions and orders will be given to the patient during your scheduled office visit. The doctor will either e-prescribe it to your pharmacy on file or provide you with a printed one. As stated in our financial policy, there is a $15 fee to replace lost prescriptions and/or orders.
If you need a refill on an existing prescription, please have your pharmacy fax a refill request to 703-525-1967 or send an e-refill request. Allow 48 hours for a refill request to be processed. Please be aware that if you are running out of your prescription you are probably due for your annual exam or due for an important follow up visit. We will fill your prescription until your appointment date.
Prescriptions requests handled after hours or on weekends by the physician on call are subject to a $45 fee.
Emergencies and After Hours
If the situation is severe, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. During office hours, call your office at 703-528-6300 (Falls Church) or 703-437-8080 (Reston). After-hours and weekend calls will be answered by the physician on call. Please limit these phone calls to urgent matters. Please call your respective office telephone number and the answering service will page the doctor on call. If the on-call physician has not returned your call after 15 minutes, please contact the answering service again.
A telehealth visit will be charged and submitted to your insurance company if the doctor on call evaluates and treats non-urgent matters. This does not apply to urgent obstetrical concerns such as labor, bleeding, or decreased fetal movement. Be aware that prescription refills or appointment matters will not be handled after hours or on weekends. In the event that the physician on call has to process a prescription refill, you will be charged a telehealth visit.
Please be aware that as a new patient, we cannot give medical advice or refill prescriptions until you become an established patient. For any urgent matters, please call 911 or contact your previous physician.
To Our Patients,
Healthcare for Women would like to thank you for your support and patience during this pandemic. We have always prioritized the safety and health of our patients and staff. Both our offices are fully open for all types of appointments. Please come see us!
Healthcare For Women COVID Information
Because we care about everyone, we must protect those who are unvaccinated or have compromising health conditions. We want to share the changes in our Covid protocols:
-Everyone is still required to wear a mask inside our office.
-Companions and children (partner/parent/caregiver/interpreter):
- Children: regardless of age, are not allowed in the office unless they are a patient.
- Obstetrical patients: one companion is allowed at the pregnancy confirmation appointment and ultrasound appointments only.
- Parent: only one parent is allowed per patient.
- Disabled patients or patients needing language assistance: only one companion allowed at all times during the patient’s office visit.
– We implemented remote check-in via Otech/UStart: 2-3 days prior to your appointment, a secured link will be texted and emailed to the patient. We ask patients to complete this process at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time to ensure the completion of forms and a fast check-in process.
-Patients and staff are encouraged to stay at home if they feel sick.